There are two variants of MIUI 10; Chaina and Global. The China ROM be introduced at the Xiaomi Mi 8 event in May, and the Global be announced at the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 event in India. If you are outside of Chine, you need the Global variant to work internationally.
Will my Device Work on MIUI 10 Global Beta?
The company has already rolled out the Beta version of MIUI 10 Chaina for 11 devices. Right now, MIUI 10 Global Beta was out there for selected devices; but now, MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.5 ROM is available for eight Xiaomi phone, which are mentioned in below:
- Mi 6
- Mi Mix 2
- Redmi S2 (Redmi Y2 in India)
- Redmi Note 5 Pro/Note 5
- Mi Mix 2S
- Mi 5
- Mi Note 2
- Mi Mix
Install of the MIUI 10 update depends on the sort of file you’ve got. In case a public beta is available on your device, then you should download this, and prevent global, shut or Chinese beta ROMs. That is since installing public beta is now super simple.
How to Install MIUI 10 on Redmi Note 5 Pro and Other Phones
You can install MIUI 10 Beta on the above 8 devices. You can’t install MIUI 10 without unlocking bootloader like the ordinary OTA update. Well, you need a computer and basic skills to install the Global ROM. You can also check the guide to install iOS 12 Public Beta on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
As you know, there always be risky in Betas. Betas generally tend to be more buggy and unstable therefore exercise care. If you are very determined by your smartphone also don’t have a spare, then you ought to think twice. We recommend installing the beta to some secondary device in case you have one. So, we are not responsible for any damage.
You need three things in order to install MIUI 10 Global beta on Xiaomi devices.
- Windows Computer
- MIUI ROM Flashing Tool
- Global ROM version related to your Xiaomi smartphone. Always choose the right ROM from the list; because the wrong one will break your device.
Once you have download the Global ROM, just decompress it on your computer and installed the flashing tool on the same machine. After that, follow the below steps.
1. First of all, unlock your device by visiting Xiaomi’s website.
2. After that, turn off your smartphone. Then press the Volume Down and Power button at the same time to enter fast boot mode.
3. In fast boot mode, connect your Xiaomi phone to a Windows computer.
4. Now, copy the folder path of the decompressed ROM (which you have done before).
5. Open MiFlash tool and paste the folder path you copied into the address bar. Or, you can select the folder by using the select button.
6. Next up, click the Refresh button, and after that click on the Flash button to start flashing the ROM file onto your smartphone.
7. Hang on until the progress bar turns fully green. Your Xiaomi smartphone must now automatically boot into MIUI 10 Global Beta. That’s it.
This is all about how to install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi devices. The each and every step are available in the official website with pictures. You should follow them for better understand. If you have any doubt, then feel free to comment below.